Hugely popular television shows such as The Big Bang Theory have made being nerdy trendy over the last few years. Being able to quote 90% of the dialogue from Star Trek: The Next Generation or talking in-depth about your World of Warcraft character as if he or she really exists has become a little less creepy and little more cool (or at least acceptable - but not on a first date). This holiday season, for the nerd in your life skip the stereotypical pocket protector and thick, black rimmed glasses, and get him or her a gift that walks the line between Einstein and Elvis. Here are six geek chic gifts to consider:
#1 - It's game time!
The Pinel and Pinel Arcade PS Trunk priced at just $90,000 is the perfect gift for any diehard gamer. Here are just a few of its top of the line features:
- Playstation 3 system
- 24 games
- Bluetooth 3 wireless music system
- 2 SingStar microphones
- 2 Formula 1 racing seats
- Sony 3D 55 inch LED HD television
- 4 pairs of 3D glasses
#2 - An apple a day keeps the Dr. Who away?
A Dalek replica from the fabulously popular BBC series Dr. Who can belong to your geek for a mere $6,939.55 (approximately). These fan favorite villains have been appearing in the show since 1963. Here are some of the specifications:
- Built using the original specifications from the BBC Props Department to be as real as possible
- Stands 5’3” tall
- The dome (head) can rotate 360 degrees
- Casters inserted in the base provide mobility
#3 - Step up your game!
Take your Resident Evil game to the next level with Resident Evil 6’s premium edition available from Capcom for $1,302. The premium edition includes:
- The Resident Evil 6 game which allows players to assume the point of view of multiple protagonists including Chris Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy
- A replica of Leon’s leather jacket
- 4 tablet cases each with an inscription
After all, what could be more Christmasy than killing zombies?
#4 - These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Score a Stormtrooper motorcycle suit from UDReplicas for the meager price of $1,276. Before we go any further, stormtroopers are from the Star Wars series - never let the geek in your life know you didn’t know that! The suits are:
- Available in black and imperial white
- Made of high quality leather
- Include a removable quilted cotton lining
- Adjustable at the forearms, biceps, thighs, and shins to provide a custom fit to the wearer’s body
#5 - I'm a minimalist at heart.
Using top secret technology (which you’re geek will be only too happy to try to crack) Caster Specialists has invented the first invisible caster! Each invisible caster is just $15,000,000 making them both affordable and practical. Attach them to:
- Entertainment centers/television stands
Whatever these casters are attached to will have the look of floating in midair!
#6 - Welcome to Jurassic Park!
Try this guy out for a pet! This 20 foot animatronic Triceratops can belong to you and your geek for the sum of $350,000. He’s a pure bred though so it’s totally worth the price. According to his papers he’s:
- Equipped with motion sensors
- Able to sway his head right, left, up, and down
- Able to stomp his right front leg
- Able to open his jaws and growl/bellow
- Sculpted from polyurethane foam and textured silicone placed over a steel and aluminum frame this is as close to the real thing as you can get
- 1,345 pounds
Check to make sure your lease doesn’t say anything about not owning dinosaurs first!